Goals and objectives
of the Independent Public Anti-doping Commission
- Development and control over efficient implementation of the national anti-doping plans.
- To review the low efficiency of anti-doping measures.
- To develop national plan to counter doping in Russia.
- To put forward proposals, act on them and monitor results.
- To provide support to legislative authorities in adopting laws and regulations aimed at greater liability for doping rules violations.
- To encourage conditions essential to bring RUSADA and the Anti-doping Center (Laboratory) back to work with its full mandate.
- To change the structure of RUSADA founders in accordance with the WADA Code. To draw state officials out of its board.
- To set a framework to finance RUSADA so that it gets funds directly from the government.
- To provide assistance to relevant authorities in investigating the circumstances mentioned in “Richard Mclaren Independent Investigation Report”.
- To improve the image of the Russian sport in the world as the situation of the doping scandal is getting back to normal.
- To stage various functions to raise awareness of the public, federations and athletes about the dangers of doping.
- To develop and adopt jointly with WADA practices of the Agency and the Laboratory.
- To deliver jointly with WADA educational anti-doping seminars.
- At the Agency’s website to put in place a platform to discuss anti-doping measures and to launch an anti-doping hotline.